The Old Millhillians Club, as a small “not for profit” organisation, is not obligated by law to register with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). However, the Club and its members must nevertheless comply with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which form part of the data protection regime in the UK, together with the new Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018).
The Club must also comply with Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), which sit alongside the Data Protection Act and GDPR. PECR give people specific privacy rights in relation to electronic communications.
Club Rules, recently approved at the June 2018 Annual General Meeting, clarify the data protection obligations of the Club and those of its members. Moreover, any OM joining the Club is requested to complete and sign a Membership Application Form which re-states these obligations.
- why we are able to process your information
- what purpose we are processing it for
- whether you have to provide it to us
- how long we store it for
- whether there are other recipients of your personal information
- whether we intend to transfer it to another country, and
- whether we do automated decision-making or profiling
If you have any questions about our policy please contact our Data Protection Officer: Peter Wakeham, Chair Old Millhillians Club, The Ridgeway, London, NW7 1QS or email to firstname.lastname@example.org