OMC Free Zoom Event: Improving your career prospects
IMPROVING YOUR PROSPECTS FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT OR EMPLOYMENT
Old Millhillians Club Free Zoom Event - 24 September 2020, 18.00 – 19.00
We are acutely aware that the next few months are likely to be a difficult period for many of you. Many firms are not re-hiring after furloughing. Some
of the UK’s largest employers have cancelled or delayed internships or recruitment schemes. Redundancies are daily news.
The Old Millhillians Club is not a major employer – one full time and one part time staff member! We cannot provide you with work but at the very least we would like to do our bit towards helping you have a better chance of finding employment or improving your career prospects.
The Club is hosting a free Zoom event for all Old Millhillians - Members and Non Members aimed at helping you establish a compelling and attractive self-profile on LinkedIn.
Sarah Goodall, Founder and CEO of Tribal Impact https://www.tribalimpact.com/ will be our presenter for the event. She will cover the following main topics:
- The importance of establishing your professional brand early
- Introduction to LinkedIn
- Who are you and what do you stand for?
- Optimising your LinkedIn profile
- Building a network to support career success
Your LinkedIn profile is now as important as your CV.
- 87% of recruiters use LinkedIn as part of their candidate search (JobVite)
- 64% of job seekers get hired through a referral from someone they know. (LinkedIn)
- 59% of candidates use social media to research companies they are interested in. (Talent Works)
The event will be part presentation, part practical examples and Q & A. We will record it and make it available to all attendees after the event.
The event is free to all attendees – thanks in no part to Sarah providing her valuable time pro bono.
However, you MUST register to attend so that we can plan Zoom event capacity. Please register by 5pm, 21 September 2020.